Tuesday, December 7, 2010

life is changing... embrace it.


"Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.

Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it."
- Mother Teresa

As many of you all know ( assuming people are actually reading this), I'm obsessed with quotes. There are so many people in this world who possess so much knowledge and what a better way to share it than through an amazing quote? This quote by Mother Teresa just amazes me. There are so many people that go through life feeling sorry for themselves and wallowing in their self pity, not realizing how great life really is.

Lately, I have been spending time to just ponder about everything. Life, love, change and my overall goals. I have come to the point where its time to make the hard decisions. At this stage in life, I'm deciding who I want to be, where I want to go and who I want to be with. These decisions shouldn't be taken lightly, and that is why I have been so indecisive. It takes a lot of strength and courage to be who you were meant to be. There are bound to be many bumps in the road, but the overall goal is to keep going through time of adversity. Here goes another quote. :)

"We don't always know the details of our future. We do not know what lies ahead. We live in a time of uncertainty. We are surrounded by challenges on all sides. Occasionally discouragement may sneak into our day; frustration may invite itself into our thinking; doubt might enter about the value of our work. In these dark moments Satan whispers in our ears that we will never be able to succeed, that the price isn't worth the effort, and that our small part will never make a difference. He, the father of all lies, will try to prevent us from seeing the end from the beginning."- President Uchtdorf
This quote by President Uchtdorf gives me so much hope of the future. Hope that whatever may come my way, its all part of a greater plan. Change is scary. Whether it's getting a daring new haircut, or realizing that the one you thought was for you, actually isn't. Change means diving head first into the unknown seas of life. I can honestly say I'm ready for it. I don't know exactly what "it" is, but I don't think that anyone really does except for the man above. I'm ready for the ups and downs, the frustrations, the heart aches, the happiness, the gloomy days as well as the joyful ones. Life is full of changes and at times they may be scary but if change was nonexistent, how would we ever progress? Something to think about.

1 comment:

  1. such beautiful thoughts kerst. i'm glad you started a blog.

    ReplyDelete