After dinner we all got our pictures taken by the President of Nu/Professional photographer, the one and only Rachel Laukat. They were super fun. (I'll post them later). After dinner we all caught trax down to the Salt Palace. Things were just fine because we were with a huge group of people. That is the key everyone... stay with the crowd! Probably one of the funniest things of the night is this.. My date being the awesome *newly* returned missionary that he is, loves to chat with everyone. So this man gets on the train and sits in front of us. Tom starts talking to him in spanish and the guy has this look on his face like ... whaaaat? Then this stranger realizes what is happening and tells Tom that he doesn't speak spanish. Turns out that this guy is Navajo and from arizona. Probably the one of the funniest moments of the night. Moving on... the dance was a riot! Everyone was dancing like no one was watching. Some people probably wish that they weren't watching Tom and I, our dancing got crazy fun. So now we get to the point where we are going to leave. We are walking out the front doors of the salt palace, past the skank fest, and outside into the bitter cold air. Its a good things that my date is a gentleman, or I would have frozen to death. Thanks Tom.
Next we sit down at the trax station to wait for our train. Everything is fine at this point. Just laughing and joking with one of my sorority sisters, Makenzi and her date. We both get on the train heading back up to the university, or so i thought. We get to the Gallivan Plaza stop and Makenzi exits. Tom and I were in deep conversation that we didn't think much of it. We just said goodbye and went back to talking. about 3 minutes later, we notice that the train is heading OUT of town. like way out. I'm looking through the window, and all I see are ghetto houses and sketchy people. CREEPY. We get off the next stop which is right in front of these ghetto houses and creepy people. My logic is that we will just wait for the next train to come, and we will go back up to the University, no problem. It didn't workout that way at all. Turns out that there were no more trains running that night. So we are sitting there in the freezing cold. I'm wearing Tom's jacket, he's almost frozen (sorry Tom).
The next thing I know I'm hearing some drunk people coming closer to us, I was immediately frightened. I mean, why wouldn't I be? I'm thinking, Crap. We are stuck here at this tax station and now we are going to get murdered by these drunk people and NO ONE WILL KNOW! Ok, so my mind can go a little wild sometimes. I'm just thankful that I had Tom there to protect me from drunk murderers in the ghetto of Salt Lake City. Okay, I know what you are thinking. This is Kersten, what does she know about ghetto? I'll be honest...nothing. But I watch movies. I know enough to know that I didn't want to be there. Luckily, Tom's dad came to pick us up at this ghetto trax station. That took me back to the days when I had to be chauffeured around by my parents if I wanted to go on a date. So awesome. Probably the best part of my night.
Overall, the night was a huge success. I had a lot of fun dancing the night away and getting lost on trax. It's fun to be lost when you're with someone as cool as Tom Butler. :)
Oh SHUT UP!!! That is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!! I am very glad you didn't get murdered! But a great story!!!! And I'm glad it was a good date!
ReplyDelete